Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Twins

Today, I was late by a few seconds, maybe 10 and missed my company shuttle bus. While traveling, as I was sitting in the bus and waiting in a red signal, I saw a girl being dragged by her mother. She was looking like an old lady, a school bag on her back, being forcefully asked to match her mother’s steps. Suddenly, I noticed she was not alone and there was another girl in the other hand of the mother. They were twins. Wearing identical checked pink-white school uniforms and marching under the same major (mother). For a moment, I started wondering how come the mother identifies them till they started speaking? Lets assume one was named Miss Buty and the other Miss Cuty. Was there any way to distinguish between them until they gained consciousness?

Some suggestions could be a band having their names printed or some other means like physical identification marks. But a band is very difficult to maintain in a house, especially when the babies are more interested in tearing and deforming any physical objects given to them. I remember a baby when given a pen was blue mouthed after just few moments. Of course, the color of the ink was blue.

Suddenly, it came to me that till they gained consciousness, does it matter much whose name is what? We grown-ups do care, but Children do not. The signal was green and the bus moved on.

No comments: